Eggplant Spread, Odessa Style
Servings 4 portions
- 4 each eggplants small Italian
- 1/2 cup tomato puree grated, no skin
- 1 clove garlic pureed
- 2 tbsp Fresno and Bell Pepper Fermented Sauce
- 1 tsp kosher salt adjust to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly grounded, adjust to taste
Preheat grill on high. Wash and prepare eggplants for grilling: make 5-6 scores and a hole in the center for steam to escape during the grilling.
Grill on high heat until completely soft and with charred skin.
Let them cool down to room temperature and peel.
Remove the stem and mash/chop the rest with the dull side of the knife's blade. Add tomato puree. Add pureed garlic. Combine and season to taste.
Keep refrigerated in closed container for up to 4 days.
Calories: 68kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.05g | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 666mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 7g